Applicants seeking enrollment in the Master of Arts in Counseling program must submit the following documents:
- A completed UMHB Graduate School application and $35 application fee. ($135 application fee for international applicants).
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Official GRE scores (only if cumulative GPA or last 60 hours GPA is below a 3.0). A minimum score of 300 is required for the quantitative and verbal sections combined, and a 3.0 is required on the analytical portion.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to applicant’s character and ability to
complete graduate work (from professionals, former instructors, bosses, etc.).
- An interview with the department faculty committee, which will be scheduled after the above documents are all received by the UMHB Graduate Admissions Office. On the day of the interview you will be provided a prompt for a writing sample, which you will complete within the allotted time and with materials provided by the Graduate Counseling department.
All application documents must be submitted to the UMHB Graduate Admissions Office at the address below. Please note, letters of recommendation may be submitted online at http://graduate.umhb.edu/documentation, directly by the reference.
UMHB Graduate Admissions
900 College St., UMHB Box 8402
Belton, TX 76513
For questions regarding the program, please contact the Director of Graduate Student Services & Engagement or the Master of Arts in Counseling Program Director. For assistance regarding your application, documents and status please contact Katherine Moore, the Graduate Advising and Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Admission to or completion of a graduate program does not guarantee licensure by any
state licensing board.