The application deadline for Fall 2017 admission is March 10, 2017.
The DPT program admissions process is competitive. Most prerequisites should be complete prior to submitting an application. Applicants should follow the steps outlined under Application Requirements.
Considerations for admission include:
- GPA in last 60 hours of Bachelor's or relevant Master's Degree (minimum GPA is 3.2)
- Number of prerequisites completed
- Prerequisite GPA (minimum of C in each course, minimum prerequisite GPA is 3.0)
- Therapy and other healthcare related experience
- Volunteer or service learning activities, extracurricular activities, and leadership experience from resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Hours as UMHB student
Well-qualified applicants may be invited to campus for an interview and completion of a 1-2 page essay.
Effective July 21, 2015, the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at University of Mary Hardin-Baylor has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidate for Accreditation is a pre-accreditation status of affiliation with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education that indicates that the program is progressing toward accreditation and may matriculate students in technical/professional courses. Candidate for Accreditation is not an accreditation status nor does it assure eventual accreditation.